Dr. Ari Novick Reviews Programs in Orange County
I am constantly amazed at the lack of resources for anger management and parenting classes here in Orange County which is requires as we see many road rage accident reports. We get phone calls frequently about our programs and how they compare to other agencies they’ve taken classes from and were dissatisfied. In reviewing our programs vs. the numerous other programs out there in the area there are a few key differences. Here are some of the most notable ones:
1. We use an organized and systematic approach based on current research. All participants use a structured curriculum (a workbook that we provide the first time a student arrives).
2. We cover a different lesson each week. This allows students of our classes to walk out of the class feeling like they actually learned something practical that they can use in their daily lives
3. We aren’t providing group therapy. Oftentimes parenting or anger management classes that aren’t run by trained providers or by psychotherapists with little or no training provide a process group format. Process groups are not structured and do not teach specific skills. I’m not against process groups or group therapy but not as it relates to teaching classes.
4. We provide several options for attending classes here in Orange County. For parenting, you can come any Thursday at 7pm. Classes are open ended so one can start anytime and the streets around even have parent and child markings from https://carparkmarkings.co.uk/parent-and-child-parking-bay-markings so they are easy to recognize. For anger management, classes meet at 6pm on either Tuesday or Thursday at our Laguna Beach based office. We also offer a 4 hour class on the third Saturday of each month.
When calling around looking for a program, really ask hard questions about the program and structure during your review. Find out who’s teaching the classes and their training. Not all classes are the same. Cheap doesn’t mean good, in fact, it might mean just the opposite.
Please take classes with Dr. Ari Novick because of his experience in the field, great sense of humor and structured approach. Whether you have a court requirement or simply want to refine your skills, classes from AJ Novick Group, Inc will not disappoint. Call our office at 949-715-2694
The AJ Novick Group, Inc. just launched a new parenting certification training program for facilitators. Ever want to teach your own parenting classes or need some specialized training for your agency or private practice? This new 40 hour parent instructor training is an ideal way to gain a powerful new certification in a growing niche. Parent instructors are in high demand because there are so many parents going through divorce, separation, custody and other related legal disputes that require parenting programs.
Most state courts will require parents to attend either a parenting or co-parenting class as part of their requirements for anything involving children. Most parent instructors are either licensed mental health professionals or para professionals with little training, but experience working in the field.
The AJ Novick Group has developed a structured curriculum using our client workbook, “Parenting in the Twenty-first Century, 10 tools for better parenting”, which every student of a parenting class will use in class sessions. The training teaches parent instructors how to teach classes, set up a business, gain court approval and set up group and individual class session. Click here to learn more about our parent instructor training certification.
Dr. Ari Novick provides both in person parenting and co-parenting classes that are court approved by the Orange County Probation Department as well as online programs that are taken by clients all around the United States. Parenting is one of life’s biggest challenges and rewards. Why not gain some new skills by attending a parenting program? Here are some choices offered by course designer and licensed psychotherapist, Dr. Ari Novick and his agency, AJ Novick Group.
1. In person parenting classes meet each Thursday at 7pm in Laguna Beach. The classes are co-ed and designed to help parents improve their relationship skills with their children as well as improve coping skills in other areas. The class is meant to be a 10 week program; however, additional classes can be taken as needed. The cost is $50 to enroll and $35 per class. More information can be found on our parenting webpage
2. The second option is to take your parenting or co-parenting class online. If you live outside of Orange County, CA, or another part of the U.S., this might be a great option for you. The online parenting and co-parenting classes are very similar to the in person classes except the content is taught in an interactive format online. You don’t have to attend classes at a specific time or place. The online classes are available from any location 24/7. This gives greater access to parents who have busy schedules. Why not take your parenting class online your iPhone while waiting in line at the grocery store or from your tablet at Starbucks?. Our online parenting programs are available at OnlineParentClass.com and classes range from 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, and 26 hours in duration. Pick the length that is right for you.